The Omicron Covid variant is likely to ‘outcompete Delta’ in many, if not all, regions, an infectious disease researcher says; nightclubs in France will be ordered to close for four weeks to counter a Covid surge
- New York City sets Covid vaccine mandate for all private employers
- ‘Travel apartheid’: Nigeria condemns England’s Covid red list
- Omicron variant has now been detected in 16 US states
- Omicron: what do we know about the new Covid variant?
- See all our coronavirus coverage
New York City has expanded its array of Covid-19 mandates on Monday, setting vaccine requirements for children as young as 5 years old. This is on top of the mandates required for all private employees we previously reported.
The most-populous US city set a 27 December as the deadline for all 184,000 businesses within its limits to make their employees show proof they have been vaccinated, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.
Source: The Guardian