Norway should prepare for more restrictions, says PM; Italy records 207 deaths; Israel reopens restaurants. Follow latest updates
- Covid data show sewage monitoring could be vital in infection control
- How do we track and measure new variants of coronavirus?
- Dutch clubbers hit dancefloor for study into easing lockdown
- Coronavirus – latest updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Face masks can be worn safely during intense exercise, and could reduce the risk of Covid-19 spreading at indoor gyms, preliminary findings suggests.
Scientists from the Monzino Cardiology Centre (CCM) in Milan and the University of Milan tested the breathing rate, heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen levels of six women and men on exercise bikes, with and without a mask.
Slovakia, a country suffering the world’s highest mortality rate from Covid-19, has received a donation of 15,000 coronavirus vaccine doses from France, Slovak Prime Minister Igor Matovic said on Sunday.
Matovic described the Oxford-AstraZeneca doses as a “very kind and useful gift” and a “great gesture of friendship”, at a news conference with French Ambassador Christophe Leonzi, local press agency TASR reported.
Source: The Guardian